First Things First of Greater Richmond presents Boot Camps for New Dads, a program, by men and for men, in which veteran fathers bring their 2-12 month-old babies to orient rookie fathers-to-be on the realities of fatherhood. Register online at http://tinyurl.com/986vaba.
What we talk about:
• Caring for babies and new moms, especially when they are crying
• Working your regular work week on no sleep
• Financing a family
• Following conflicting advice
• Dealing with your mother-in-law
• Throwing a diaper into a trash can at 40 feet
The notion that men are clumsy and ignorant about infants has crumbled. Many dads are doing this job and doing it well.
Men bring their own unique strengths and creativity to caring for their children. When dads gets involved in addition to mom, their children benefit greatly