Local Walmart Hosts Fan Events for Toyota Owners 400
Richmond-Area Walmart Stores to host NASCAR Events with Bobby Labonte
and Racing Simulators Starting April 23
Select Walmart stores in the Richmond area will host exclusive fan events April 23-26. Customers are invited to attend these special events and enjoy racing show cars, simulators and meet driver Bobby Labonte. Walmart will also be offering great low prices on authentic NASCAR merchandise and everything for the ultimate tailgate leading up to the Toyota Owners 400.
Participating stores in the Richmond area include:
- Walmart Store 2808, 12200 Chattanooga Plaza, Midlothian, Va.
- Displays free and open to the public include Monster Energy Show Car and Sampling, Kellogg’s Cheez-It Simulator, Unilever Hellmann’s Show Car, No. 22 Shell Pennzoil Show Car, 5-hour Energy Show Car, Mars M&M’s Show Car, Sim Pod & Trophy Display on Thursday, April 25 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Walmart Store 1525, 7430 Bell Creek Road, Mechanicsville Va.
- Special appearance by Bobby Labonte, Thursday, April 25 from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Displays free and open to the public include Coca-Cola 2-Seat Simulator, Hefty’s Show Car Simulator, Clorox Ultimate Tailgate Truck on Thursday, April 25 from 11:30 a.m. to
- Walmart Store 2295, 7901 Brook Road, Richmond, Va.
- Displays free and open to the public include Hefty’s Show Car Simulator, Unilever Hellmann’s Show Car, Kellogg’s Cheez-It Simulator, Clorox Ultimate Tailgate Truck, Coca-Cola 2-Seat Simulator, Mars M&M’s Show Car, Sim Pod & Trophy Display on Friday, April 26 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Walmart Store 1525, 7430 Bell Creek Road, Mechanicsville, Va.
- Displays free and open to the public include 5-hour Energy Show car, No. 22 Shell Pennzoil Show Car, Monster Energy Show Car and Sampling on Friday, April 26 from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
For additional details and a complete listing of participating Walmart stores, visit Walmart.com/NASCAR.
Walmart Fan Driven 400
Walmart is putting race fans in the driver’s seat with the “Fan Driven 400” – an innovative, socially-driven program that gives fans a voice in branding the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race June 9 at Pocono Raceway. From March 11 through May 27, fans can vote via Walmart’s Local Facebook pages on details including the official race name, a signature concession item and the pace car design.
The timeline for voting on various race components will be as follows:
- Race Name Submission (Feb. 14-25): Customers can submit a name of their choice (32 character limit).
- Race Name Vote (March 11-April 8): Vote for one of the three race name options.
- Concession Item (April 9-May 6): Vote for one of three types concession items, sourced via The Pocono Fan Council.
- Pace Car Design (May 7-27): Vote on one of three designs for the pace car.
Visit walmarturl.com/FanDriven400 to learn more.
Join the conversation on Twitter throughout the season with the hashtag #RaceTime, and follow us at @Walmart, @Walmartnewsroom, @NASCAR and @poconoraceway.