Patrick Henry evacuated after bomb threat

A bomb threat this morning caused Patrick Henry High School administration to evacuate students, according to the Hanover County Sheriff’s Office.

Following the threat, students were evacuated to adjacent Liberty Middle School, said Lt. Chris Whitley of the Hanover Sheriff’s Office. Whitley said officers and K-9s swept the building and did not find any explosives.

Students returned to class after the facility was cleared. All Hanover schools will be releasing today for early dismissal as per the division’s normal schedule and unrelated to the incident earlier in the day.

Whitley said the investigation will continue.

Posted on Friday, November 1, 2013 at 1:09 pm