Patrick Henry Half-Marathon to disrupt Saturday morning traffic
Saturday, Aug. 23, the Patrick Henry Half-Marathon will take place from 7-10 a.m. The Ashland Police Department ask that vehicular traffic proceed with caution through the areas where the race will take place. Members of the APD, Hanover County Sheriff’s Office and community volunteers will be directing traffic and monitoring the event throughout Town of Ashland and Hanover County roadways to assist motorists during the event.
A river of runners makes its way down Center Street during the 2013 Patrick Henry Half Marathon.
The following is a list of the intersections, which will be majorly affected:
• England Street and Center Street, 7-7:15 a.m.
• S. James Street and Hanover Avenue, 7:08-7:30 a.m.
• Hanover Avenue and Elmont Road, 7:20-8 a.m.
• Yowell Road and Elmont Road, 7:30-8:20 a.m.
• Yowell Road and Blanton Road, 8-8:40 a.m.
• Blanton Road and Route 54, 8-9 a.m.
• Blanton Road and Independence Road, 8-9:20 a.m.
• Independence Road and Blunts Bridge Road, 8-9:30 a.m.
• Blanton Road at Winston Road, 8-10 a.m.
The race begins in Ashland on N. Center Street, near Henry Clay Road, and proceeds as follows: N. Center Street to W. Patrick Street; west on W. Patrick Street to James Street; south on James Street to Henry Clay Road; east to Center Street south; right on Early Street to Duncan Street; left on Howard Road, right on James Street to Hanover Avenue; west on Hanover Avenue to Elmont Road; north on Elmont Road, cross Yowell Road, turnaround on Elmont Road; south on Elmont Road, right on Yowell Road to Blanton Road; north on Blanton Road, cross Route 54, to Independence Road; left on Independence Road to Blunts Bridge Road; right on Blunts Bridge Road to N. James Street; Left on Patrick Street, right on Center Street to finish.
You may contact The Richmond Roadrunners Club at email@example.com with questions or for a map of the course. You may also contact the Ashland Police Department with any questions at 412-0600.