The Herald-Progress

Follow Us On:

Community Calendar

Oct
7
Sat
Flea Market/Bake Sale
Oct 7 all-day

The Doswell Ruritan Club will be hosting a Flea Market/Bake Sale on October 7 at the Doswell Community Center. If you would like a space to sell your goods, please call Betty Lee Stanley at 804-368-0035 for details.

Flea Market/Bake Sale
Oct 7 all-day

The Doswell Ruritan Club will be hosting a Flea Market/Bake Sale on October 7 at the Doswell Community Center. If you would like a space to sell your goods, please call Betty Lee Stanley at 804-368-0035 for details.

End Hunger By Taking One Step At A Time
Oct 7 @ 9:00 am

On Saturday, October 7, area churches and other groups will be walking to raise awareness of the need to end hunger. Funds raised will be used to provide nutritional food as well as the tools needed to empower people to raise their own crops in order to put food on their tables. Hunger is evident in our own community so 25% of all funds raised through the Ashland CROP Walk will support Ashland Christian Emergency Services (ACES). The remaining 75% will be distributed through Church World Services to countries around the world in an effort to end hunger.  The Ashland walk begins at Carter Park on Maple Street in Ashland, VA starting at 9 a.m.  We invite area residents to bring non-perishable food items to Carter Park between 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. Items will be delivered to ACES to help feed those in need in our own community!  Help End Hunger By Taking One Step At A Time.  Join us in our walk.

Annual Craft and Home Show
Oct 7 @ 10:00 am – 3:00 pm

Come join us, Saturday, October 7, from 10 – 3 p.m., for our annual craft and home show. Here you will find one of a kind crafts and home favorites! Join the fun with our silent auction, raffles, food, bake sale, kids activities, live music and more! This event will be held at Brea Baptist Church, 15421 Pouncey Tract Road, Rockville, VA 23146.

“Spooktacular” a Halloween celebration
Oct 7 @ 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm

Beaverdam Ruritan Club is hosting “Spooktacular” a Halloween celebration for the whole family. Saturday October 7 from 3 – 6 p.m. Costume contest, hayrides, cake walk, pinata, games and face painting. Kids of all ages are invited to attend. FREE event at the club 18002 Teman Road, Beaverdam, VA more information on our website www.BeaverdamRuritan.com

Spooktacular” a Halloween celebration
Oct 7 @ 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm

Beaverdam Ruritan Club is hosting “Spooktacular” a Halloween celebration for the whole family. Saturday October 7 from 3 – 6 p.m. Costume contest, hayrides, cake walk, pinata, games and face painting. Kids of all ages are invited to attend. FREE event at the club 18002 Teman Road, Beaverdam, VA more information on our website www.BeaverdamRuritan.com

Oct
10
Tue
Chapter 5407 of AARP Meeting
Oct 10 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm

The Mechanicsville Chapter 5407 of AARP will meet at the First Union Baptist Church at 6231 Pole Green Road in Mechanicsville from 10 to Noon.  Our featured speaker will be Mr. Melvin Evans, AARP Virginia State President, who will present an update on the AARP Voter Education Advocacy program. Lunch will be served. All national members of AARP are welcome. For further information, call Larry Gooss at 804-839-2347.

Oct
11
Wed
West Hanover Garden Club
Oct 11 @ 11:30 am

The West Hanover Garden Club will hold its October meeting on Oct. 11, at 11:30 a.m. We meet at the Cochrane Rockville Library, 16600 Pouncey Tract Road, Rockville, V A. The program:  ‘Tweet, Tweet, Tweet’ – Bob Schamerhorn, photographer and naturalist, will present “Attracting birds with water features”. The club meets the second Wednesday of each month at 11:30. Lunch is served at noon. Membership is open to anyone interested in gardening or design and guests are welcome at any meeting or event.  For information about attending a meeting or joining the club contact Fran Brooks, 804-749-4016.

At Home in Ashland (AHA) Educational series
Oct 11 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm

On Wednesday, October 11, from 2-4 p.m. There will be an At Home in Ashland (AHA) Educational series. The topic will be Improving the Health Care Experience. Registration and refreshments will begin at 1:30 p.m. This event will take place at the Richard S. Gillis Jr. Ashland Branch library on 201 S. Railroad Avenue, Ashland, VA.

Oct
12
Thu
Candlelight Ceremony
Oct 12 @ 6:00 pm

There will be a Candlelight Ceremony held at Historic Hanover Courthouse, Thursday, October 12 at 6 p.m. Please join us as we honor and remember those who are affected by domestic violence. The ceremony will be folled by light refreshments. 13182 Hanover Courthouse Road, Hanover, VA 23069.

Oct
7
Sat
Flea Market/Bake Sale
Oct 7 all-day

The Doswell Ruritan Club will be hosting a Flea Market/Bake Sale on October 7 at the Doswell Community Center. If you would like a space to sell your goods, please call Betty Lee Stanley at 804-368-0035 for details.

Flea Market/Bake Sale
Oct 7 all-day

The Doswell Ruritan Club will be hosting a Flea Market/Bake Sale on October 7 at the Doswell Community Center. If you would like a space to sell your goods, please call Betty Lee Stanley at 804-368-0035 for details.

End Hunger By Taking One Step At A Time
Oct 7 @ 9:00 am

On Saturday, October 7, area churches and other groups will be walking to raise awareness of the need to end hunger. Funds raised will be used to provide nutritional food as well as the tools needed to empower people to raise their own crops in order to put food on their tables. Hunger is evident in our own community so 25% of all funds raised through the Ashland CROP Walk will support Ashland Christian Emergency Services (ACES). The remaining 75% will be distributed through Church World Services to countries around the world in an effort to end hunger.  The Ashland walk begins at Carter Park on Maple Street in Ashland, VA starting at 9 a.m.  We invite area residents to bring non-perishable food items to Carter Park between 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. Items will be delivered to ACES to help feed those in need in our own community!  Help End Hunger By Taking One Step At A Time.  Join us in our walk.

Annual Craft and Home Show
Oct 7 @ 10:00 am – 3:00 pm

Come join us, Saturday, October 7, from 10 – 3 p.m., for our annual craft and home show. Here you will find one of a kind crafts and home favorites! Join the fun with our silent auction, raffles, food, bake sale, kids activities, live music and more! This event will be held at Brea Baptist Church, 15421 Pouncey Tract Road, Rockville, VA 23146.

“Spooktacular” a Halloween celebration
Oct 7 @ 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm

Beaverdam Ruritan Club is hosting “Spooktacular” a Halloween celebration for the whole family. Saturday October 7 from 3 – 6 p.m. Costume contest, hayrides, cake walk, pinata, games and face painting. Kids of all ages are invited to attend. FREE event at the club 18002 Teman Road, Beaverdam, VA more information on our website www.BeaverdamRuritan.com

Spooktacular” a Halloween celebration
Oct 7 @ 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm

Beaverdam Ruritan Club is hosting “Spooktacular” a Halloween celebration for the whole family. Saturday October 7 from 3 – 6 p.m. Costume contest, hayrides, cake walk, pinata, games and face painting. Kids of all ages are invited to attend. FREE event at the club 18002 Teman Road, Beaverdam, VA more information on our website www.BeaverdamRuritan.com

Oct
10
Tue
Chapter 5407 of AARP Meeting
Oct 10 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm

The Mechanicsville Chapter 5407 of AARP will meet at the First Union Baptist Church at 6231 Pole Green Road in Mechanicsville from 10 to Noon.  Our featured speaker will be Mr. Melvin Evans, AARP Virginia State President, who will present an update on the AARP Voter Education Advocacy program. Lunch will be served. All national members of AARP are welcome. For further information, call Larry Gooss at 804-839-2347.

Oct
11
Wed
West Hanover Garden Club
Oct 11 @ 11:30 am

The West Hanover Garden Club will hold its October meeting on Oct. 11, at 11:30 a.m. We meet at the Cochrane Rockville Library, 16600 Pouncey Tract Road, Rockville, V A. The program:  ‘Tweet, Tweet, Tweet’ – Bob Schamerhorn, photographer and naturalist, will present “Attracting birds with water features”. The club meets the second Wednesday of each month at 11:30. Lunch is served at noon. Membership is open to anyone interested in gardening or design and guests are welcome at any meeting or event.  For information about attending a meeting or joining the club contact Fran Brooks, 804-749-4016.

At Home in Ashland (AHA) Educational series
Oct 11 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm

On Wednesday, October 11, from 2-4 p.m. There will be an At Home in Ashland (AHA) Educational series. The topic will be Improving the Health Care Experience. Registration and refreshments will begin at 1:30 p.m. This event will take place at the Richard S. Gillis Jr. Ashland Branch library on 201 S. Railroad Avenue, Ashland, VA.

Oct
12
Thu
Candlelight Ceremony
Oct 12 @ 6:00 pm

There will be a Candlelight Ceremony held at Historic Hanover Courthouse, Thursday, October 12 at 6 p.m. Please join us as we honor and remember those who are affected by domestic violence. The ceremony will be folled by light refreshments. 13182 Hanover Courthouse Road, Hanover, VA 23069.